WhyHome Based Childcare?
With so many childcare options available it is a daunting task to pick the best option for your family, but home based childcare is a growing sector that is becoming increasingly popular, especially for younger children.
In home childcare is a flexible option that allows you to have more say in who looks after your child and in the hours you enrol for. With small groups of children, home based care also enables a close and trusting relationship to grow between your child and their Educator, fostering strong emotional development and attachment.
The Benefits of Home Based Child Care
Cherish Childcare provides your loved ones a warm, caring home-based childcare while providing you with much needed peace of mind – knowing that your children and in the presence of an experienced and dedicated Educator who is continually supported by Cherish Childcares’ visiting teachers.
Our children get to do everything that tamariki should do: climbing, baking, painting and building; laughing, dancing, singing and playing. We are certainly not saying that childcare in a centre setting is not as good. For some it is a great option. However, we believe that the personal attention that your child receives from the smaller group size results in a more caring and providing environment for your children to grow and learn.
How is Home Based Child Care Different to Other Forms?
- Your child’s education and care is provided by an individual educator who is an approved, early childhood education and care professional, operating within their own home.
- Educators work with small groups of no more than four children under school age.*
- Educators work in partnership with a local approved service who provide regular visits to monitor the children’s progress and to provide support.
What Are The Benefits of Home Based Childcare?
- The home based setting provides a familiar, safe and secure learning environment.
- Current research confirms the importance of strong relationships with significant adults to a child’s early learning; home-based childcare’s small group environment facilitates strong bonds and promotes effective early learning and social development.
- Cherish Childcare care can offer care during standard hours, evenings, before/after school, during school holidays and in some cases overnight and weekends.
- Cherish Childcare care can provide education and care for children from babies to school age; offering the possibility for siblings to be cared for together, all in one location.
- Cherish Childcare provides experiences which reflect the diversity of your community.