Before &AfterSchool Care
Cherish Childcare offers both before and after school care at two locations, being Waitara Central and Puketapu Schools. Before school care is between 7:15am and 8:30am while the afternoon program commences at 3:00pm, finishing at 6:00pm.
Your Children are in Great Hands
Before & After School Care
Cherish Childcare provides before and after school care, on-site at both Puketapu and Waitara Central Schools.
The before school programme, which commences at 7:15 am, provides a healthy breakfast and supervision until school is open for the day. Any new entrants or children who require support are walked to their class and handed over to the teacher. A drop off service to Bell Block School is also available.
After school, there is a light afternoon tea and drink for children, time for homework options for children to “chill out” or start an art activity or just burn off some energy in the playground. There are planned activities each day ranging from games, art, craft and baking. We offer causal, part time and full time spaces. Children are collected from surrounding schools by Cherish Childcare staff and brought to the School for a light afternoon tea. The playground, sandpit and swimming pool are particular favourites for the kids.
|Regular Bookings||Casual Bookings|
|Before School, Breakfast Included||$12||$13|
|After School||$7 per/hr||$8 per/hr|
Before school care 7:15am -8:30am
Cherish childcare Ltd are able to care for your children at puketapu school before school begins for the day
A typical daily format of Before School Care:
- 7.15am onwards children arrive (signed in by parents)
- Breakfast is available for those who have not eaten at home – fruit, cereals, toast
- Games & activities organised from 8am – 8.30am
- Children who need to do homework have the opportunity to sit in a quiet area to do this
- 8.25am tidy up and children dismissed when school bell goes at 830.
After School Care
We provide a light afternoon tea, supervise their homework, let them play, then do a fun activity with them so you can be rest assured that they are safe, secure, supervised and having a fun time
- 3:00 – 3:30 Roll Call, Afternoon tea
- 3:30 – 4:30 Half an hour homework, Half an hour outside play supervised
- 4:30 – 5:15 Art & Crafts / Sports / Music / Technology (Alt days weather permitting )
- 5:15 – 5:30 Clean up Time
- 5:30 – 6:00 Free Play supervised
- Children released to parents as they arrive and South
Safe, fun and familiar environment for your child where they can learn, make friends and have a great time all within the school grounds.